Name: Beacon Credit Repair a.k.a. True Credit Repair
Two options: Single Applicant and Dual Applicant.
Single Applicant is $300 for 6 months of disputing work and $450 for 12 months. There is no additional charge per deletion. There is a monthly payment option of $100 setup fee and $50/month.
Dual Applicant is $450 for 6 months of disputing and $800 for 12 months. There is no additional charge per deletion. There is a monthly payment option of $175 setup fee and $100/month.
Other payment options are provided when a potential client calls them.
Website and Contact Information:
www.FixMyBeacon.com or 888-935-9393
www.TrueCreditRepair.com or 877-720-BEACON
Who it is for:
According to the owner of Beacon Credit Repair, David Brend, on a YouTube video, if you are looking to “clean your credit” or delete negative items off of your credit, you can hire them to do this work for you. According to the video, Brend says that they help to establish new credit as well.
How It Works:
According to David Brend’s YouTube video, representatives use the Fair Credit Reporting Act to remove negative items from your credit reports.
Under the “How It Works” section of the FixYourBeacon.com/ TrueCreditRepair.com website, clients are informed that the credit bureaus will not communicate with a law firm to dispute items on their credit reports. When looking for information on the website to determine if they were a law firm, I was not able to find a description of who they are (founding information, who the owner is or his background, etc.) The Fair Credit Reporting Act protects consumers from third parties who claim to be requesting or disputing information on a consumer’s behalf.
With this in mind, clients follow a four step process to disputing negative information.
- Client forwards credit reports from all three credit bureaus to True Credit Repair.
- Using an online “Dispute Valet” service, the client then chooses which negative items they want to dispute. Clients are trained on the use of the software by a tutorial that walks them through the process.
- True Credit Repair then uses “credit repair strategies” to dispute the items the client chose with the credit bureaus.
- Updated reports with results of the dispute are sent to the client from the credit bureaus in approximately 60 days. The client is to make copies of the credit reports and send the originals to True Credit Repair so dispute process can be continued.
The process for adding positive credit is not described on the website. Clients who want to begin with this process may need to call and speak to a representative to begin this process.
- Dispute process seems fairly clear cut.
- They offer a service to assist you in adding positive credit.
- According to the owner, there are representatives that help you with your dispute.
- It appears that Beacon Credit Repair is no longer in service or has changed their name to True Credit Repair. There is no explanation on the website for this change, nor does it provide any information on True Credit Repair as a company itself.
- There is no clear information on what qualifies True Credit Repair to dispute for you, and no information on who is actually providing the dispute (bios on workers, etc.)
- There is a network marketing company called LifeVantage being advertised at the bottom of the website that does not appear to have a connection with finances or credit. It looks like it markets products for the health supplement industry. The last name of the person referring this site is “Brend” but they do not have the same first name as the owner. This is not appropriate or professional for any kind of credit repair company.
- I could not find information on what is provided with the service for adding positive credit. I do not know if this service is still provided under True Credit Repair, but their website does not provide any information on it.
The cons outweigh the pros for this particular credit repair company. There are several red flags that appear during analyzing the services offered and the company itself which are the primary reasons why I gave them such a low score.
If they become more candid about their founding, their qualifications, their change from Beacon Credit Repair to True Credit Repair, who is on their staff and what their qualifications are, their techniques for disputing (whether by letter or phone), or what they do to add positive credit (if they still offer that service), then they may be able to raise their score higher.
Unfortunately, I do not recommend using Beacon Credit Repair or True Credit Repair. There is very little information about either company. You can review the YouTube video from their owner here. The YouTube video was posted on July 30th, 2007 so it is pretty old.
Their company has changed names from Beacon Credit Repair to True Credit Repair with no explanation on their website. Beacon Credit Repair, according to the Better Business Bureau, has a score of F with one closed, unresolved and unanswered complaint regarding unanswered phone calls and requesting their money back. The complaint was posted 9/25/2013.
In my opinion, you would be taking a major risk by paying this company to dispute negative items on your credit reports because of the name change and that they have no explanation behind it. It could be a scam.
If you are interested in starting the approval process off by raising your credit scores for free, I invite you to take my free, four-part, Dispute Letter Mastery Course.
In this course, you will learn how to update your personal information, dispute information that has errors, and delete negative information in order to raise your credit scores 50 – 75 points in only 45 – 60 days. A boost like this can really make a difference in your interest rates, and it is all free.